Thursday, September 07, 2006

What Mayoy learned in San Francisco


Mayoy came to visit the West last week. Nakakapanibago itong taga East ay nasa SF. After spending time with her Syyap cousin, Ana, in South SF, she came over to stay with us. Ana taught Mayoy the basics of knitting. I swayed her into crochet, which Tita Bing taught me. It was easy because knitting was more complicated with 2 long needles. Crochet involves only one hook.

So my mom, Mayoy, and I set out to buy some yarn and hooks and started chaining around the dining table. Being a lefty, hirap si Mayoy. But her double crochet came out fine and soon, she was well on her way to her scarf. (Look well, she is holding it up).

"Dapat suot mo yan sa Chanel," I said.
"Well, it is an original," Mayoy laughed.

And the most profound lesson Mayoy learned in San Francisco??

"I learned that I don't like knitting!"
*********


tita mayoy is flanked by monica and maui






"thanks for all the NJ pasalubong!"
-cuenca kids

No comments: