Sunday, April 08, 2007

Easter Brunch

Easter this year was new to us. And though I miss the Philippine out-of-town trips, the fasting and abstaining (but with delicious seafood), the Visita Iglesia, Stations of the Cross, and vegging out with no activities until 3pm on Good Friday, we learned new things that I plan to make into new family traditions.

We experienced the church community washing of the feet on Maundy Thursday. Someone washes your feet and you wash the next person's feet in mass. It was a new take on humility and privilege.

Easter Sunday Mass was the culmination of the Holy Week, I'm glad. We started with Easter Mass and then, I prepared Easter brunch. No tapsilog and longganisa this time! My special menu included: Quiche Lorraine (eggs, cheese, cream, bacon, onions--on a pie crust), Ham and Asparagus Toasts, Ricky's Sausage and Peppers Pasta, Breakfast Sausage, Pancakes with homemade fruit syrup, fruit salad.

My mom and UJ came. Maui had some friends over. Mukhang success, naubos yung food. I forgot to take pictures becaue everyone came in hungry. Here's what I managed to take, while chewing my food!






We also staged a mini-Easter Egg hunt for the younger kids. Maui and Nico hid the eggs. Selena found the $10 jackpot egg. Magu found 2 $5 eggs. Monica found cash eggs, and many candy-filled ones.



I think this has been the most fun Easter we have had as a family in a long time.



Happy Easter everyone!

1 comment:

tilamsik said...

please post your easter pics!

cheers!