Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Tita Bing in my mind

How strange that even in her passing, I feel Tita Bing more so in my life. She lent me formal clothes when I needed them and gave me unexpected tokens she thought I would like. She taught me how to refine my crocheting skills and so when I am stuck, I talk to her while crocheting. Sometimes, I talk to her when I am nervous. Sometimes, I feel her thinking about me, about us--in a good way, like she were blessing us.

How wonderful that the memories you have of someone lives on. These immortal memories will not die with the body. In her honor, let's paint more memories that we will want to keep, even to the next life. Let's remember her generosity of heart and share our homes as tambayan to those who need a place to rest, in her memory. (Now that we have our own homes, in different places in the world, we know that opening our doors is not an easy thing to do all the time.)

And to her loved children: Tonito, Rocky, Carmela, their spouses and kids, and to tito Raffy, and lola, tita Ditas, tita Pempe, tito King, daddy, tito Boogie, I join you all in prayer on this special day.

Happy Birthday, tita!

No comments: