Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Exactly As They Are


When a picture/frame gets to lola's house, it stays in its exact position for many years. I was amazed that there were many old pictures that I sent her from New Jersey circa 1986 that is exactly where I put it when I went home after Maui was born.

I think that's Carmela in the McDonalds' frame. And that's baby Aina in the raffia frame:



Also in the Hall of Fame is Mayoy's grad pic--an amusing wonder, because she doesn't know how that got there in the first place. But here it stands, alongside lolo's young picture. And I think, here it will stay for many more years.




On the side table in the sala, under the (now new 2.75 HP) aircon are pictures of Mara, Kuya Kit and Ched's kids, and lolo and lola's wedding picture. Meron pa ngang weddding picture ni Mig na may crack. (I promise you I did not cause the crack!) What an omen of things to come:



So keep sending lola your pictures, along with your kids', who are always changing and growing. E kung yung grad pics natin, iba na yung mga itsura natin, our kids pa kaya?


1 comment:

kofranks said...

Great entry Minotte! Its Aina in the raffia frame. I think its time we come up with a new collage of our kids for Lola Med. Our kids are now grown and there are further additions to the family tree. I'll soon ask for new pics of the kids pero huwag muna kasi wala pa akong oras. Let's wait for those who are about to give birth muna.