Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Trip Back Home



Many Fil-Ams still say "I'm going home," meaning back home to Manila. Maybe because no one says, "Pupunta ako sa Manila. . ." We say, "Uuwi ka ba?" or "Kelan ka uuwi?" (meaning to Manila). The literal translation is quite endearing, don't you think?

This was my first trip back home as an immigrant. I was anticipating a lot, fearful that when I get a massage, hindi na ako uuwi dito sa California.

Inspite of all the frills--home-service massage, foot spa, bleaching, waxing--I realized that home is where my kids laugh, where Ricky spends endless hours in the computer in, where I wait for my boys to come home from school or work, where my family is together.

Meanwhile, check out my first Broadway lunch. I was so excited to catch up with everyone. I even got to sleep with lola. She hardly moves and sleeps very peacefully and quietly. I recommend the experience once in your lifetime.

It was so nice to see everyone. What I used to take for granted has become a precious experience. . .

(Click on any picture in the slide show to slow it down)




3 comments:

kofranks said...

It was good to see you Minotte. The lunch we had with Rhea are the moments I miss eversince most of the cousins migrated to different parts of the world. Hope I can get to visit you naman soon. Your animated pictures are great! How'd you do that?

tilamsik said...

hi kofranks:

thanks for your warm hospitality and support while i was there. sayang, i did not get pics of our boxing pala--proof ko sana na medyo fit pala ako.

just go to slide.com and choose your slide show!

minotte

Lia said...

Hi Minotte,

Great slide show! It warms my heart to see familiar faces and places - Sunday's at Lola Med is at the top of that list. Thanks for sharing your pictures and thoughts. Nice straight hair!

Lia