Wednesday, July 26, 2006

"Sa Lola lang ako"

"Sa lola lang ako"those were the usual words I say when I leave the house in the morning. Lolo Soc and Lola Med's house was my second home in the compound.It is the place where we all go and meet to play with everybody the whole day. Imagine during those days, we did not have cable t.v., cellphones, play stations and big malls to go to. We were happy with "shato", steel roller skates, "habulan sa bubong", biking around New Manila and kick ball in the house of the Resurreccions. As long as we were playing, we were happy.Come to think of it, we can do anything during those days-leave in the morning and be home by night time and our parents would not worry.
I guess it was always like Sunday during those days, we were always together enjoying each others company.Today, I can imagine Sunday lunch in the compound is completely different-But if given a chance, I'm sure everybody would want to go to Lola's house and just chat and laugh of what we did when we were young. Looking forward to that day. Regards to all. Mikko

3 comments:

TOW Blog said...

mikko was such a sweet and meek kid, i used to force him to be my student when i was playing teacher-teacher. he didn't get into trouble so much and is always a favorite of everyone!

ate

kofranks said...

I was just reminded of days in Lola's house. Classes were suspended for 2 days this week because of a typhoon and flooding. I remember playing in the rain and being in Lola with the cousins at 6:30am once the announcement of "NO CLASSES" was made over the radio.

tilamsik said...

Reading about those good old days makes me smile and laugh. Those were precious days. Memories with no equal, no price. To be treasured always. Rhea